Patience, Focus, Extra-time, External Review
• Force myself to spend that extra time on making text better, pass after pass, correcting mistakes and reworking things.
• Have someone review what I’ve written…
• Read emails to myself out loud which forces me to read slower and not skip words or read them in the wrong order.
Switching to Other Forms of Communication and Media
• I chose a career that leverages spatial, creative and mechanical skills over more language-dependent ones.
• Consume content via audio and video (ie video education, podcasts, audio book, multimedia, movies)
• Meet and have conversations with very smart people who are themselves very well read. This is probably the most important thing I’ve started to do in the past few years — particularly in the past 6 months or so.
Tools & Apps
• Google or desktop apps for spell checking
Read all the tips & hacks here.